YieldPoint's BluTech (BT5) EcoSystem
BluTech Bluetooth 5 (BT5) instruments eliminate leadwires by beaconing readings every 3 seconds. In additional up to 30,000 reading are stored in local instrument memory. YieldPoint’s BluPoint App provides Android Smart Phone and Tablet functionality to configure instruments and download stored data.
Advantages of BluPoint instruments include:
- BT5 Extended range (Coded PHY) up to 50m (4 x BLE)
- Android phone/tablet access using BluPoint App.
- Extremely low energy
- User friendly data-logging, 30,000 readings
- BluGateways enabling WiFi, LTE-M connectivity
- Cloud data platform(VantagePoint) and analytics (+VantagePoint)
- Economical pricing
Learn more about the power of Bluetooth 5 here.
The BluTech EcoSystem uses BT5 “beaconing” to replace vulnerable lead-wires. In addition, BluLoggers and BluGateways can read RS485 and VW instruments, locally store the data, which can then be uploaded in several ways:
- Local personnel can use a phone or tablet to take the latest readings.
- Android devices can read instruments.
- BluLoggers can autonomously collect data that can be downloaded by Android devices using the BluPoint App.
- BluGateways can autonomously collect data and download via a WiFi, Ethernet or or LTE-M network.
- BluGateways can be fitted to vehicles to aggregate readings during driveby.
The ecosystem is managed by the BluPoint App for Android which can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.
BluTech has been designed to eliminate vulnerable leadwires by setting up a BlueTooth 5 (BT5) wireless beaconing array. The LoS range is approximately 50m which is a significant improvement over BLE 4.2. Each BluTech device is also a data-logger (30,000 readings) and data can be locally downloaded using an Android phone or tablet, up-loaded to surface from a gateway using an Ethernet, WiFi or LTE-M. The cellular solution based on LTE-M or NB-IoT is 5G ready and is currently being adopted for projects in cities.
The BluTech EcoSystem: BT5 Beacons
BT5 Beacons comprise (i) BluLink-R and BluLink-S that can be connected to any YP RS485 instrument, (ii) Fully integrated Blu-Instruments such as BluExto, BluTilt, BluHID. BT5 beacons are fully capable dataloggers and can collect 30,000 time-stamped readings. BT5 beacons transmit their latest readings every 3 seconds. Any BluGW (BT5 Scanner) that is in range will receive the beacon and write the reading payload into memory.
The BluTech EcoSystem: BT5 Scanners
BT5 Scanners include all devices that can periodically scan ( 20s duration) for YP BT5 beacons and aggregate the reading into memory ready for upload over IT infrastruture. Currently there are 4 BT5 Scanner devices (i) LTE-M BluGW (ii)Wifi BluGW (iii) Blu900GW and (iv) Blu900Node. BT5 scanners are fully capable data-loggers (30,000 readings) and are designed to push data to a cloud database such as YP’s VantagePoint database.
The Blu900Node is a BT5 scanner and a node radio with a 900MHz (ISM band) wireless mesh network. The Blu900Node will scan for BT5 beacons and upload the readings when the 900MHz mesh wakes up…..