The d1Plucker and d4Plucker are small, low cost unit that instantly convert vibrating wire (VW) transducers such as load cells, stressmeters and piezometers, into d-Tech compatible instruments.
These VW sensors then become compatible with YieldPoint’s data loggers and radios.
1 channel and 4 channel versions are available. d-Plucker enables YieldPoint’s low cost digital peripheral devices to read (d-Reader), store (d-Logger) or transmit (d-Mesh) data from VW sensors.
The user simply connects the leads of the VW sensor to a terminal block housed inside the unit and then treats the sensor like any other YieldPoint d-Tech instrument. The unit outputs the temperature recorded by the thermistor in oC (0.1oC resolution) and the period of vibration of the wire in µS (0.1µS resolution).
- Plug-and-play solution for VW sensors
- Inexpensive and versatile
- Allows VW sensors to interface with YieldPoint d-Reader, d-Logger data-loggers and d-Mesh networks
- 500-6000Hz (0-5Vdc) square wave sweep. Output is in microseconds (µS) or in digits.
- Temperature output from thermistor with 0.1C resolution.
- Digital RS485 Output (9600,8,N,1), with Unique Instrument ID,
- SensorType, and output data.
- Range (F.S.): 166-2000µs period measurement, Temp: -40 to 125oC
- Core Technology: 20MHz microcontroller providing 0-5V 500-6000Hz sweep
- Output Signal: RS485 (9600,8,N,1) ASCII encoded signal comprising:
- Unique Instrument _ID, Sensor_Type, Temp (oC) and Period (µS) data
- VW Resolution: 0.1µs with hand held readout.
- Displ. Accuracy: – better than +/- 1µs
- Temp. Range: –40 – 125oC
- Temp. Accuracy: +/- 1oC –Digitally trimmed at 0oC and 25oC
- Temp Resolution: 0.1oC
The d4Plucker uses a proprietary algorithm to locate the resonant frequency within the range 500Hz to 6000Hz. An internal switch is used to select 3 different frequency ranges based on the type of instrument used.
Using the d-Reader it is possible to quickly read the transducer. Using the d1Logger or d4Logger it is possible to log data from 1 or 4 VW sensors over a 100 day duration.
Using d-Mesh it is possible to transmit data over an existing TCP/IP network using either Ethernet or WiFi. A unique digital ID is assigned to each d4Plucker.
The output signal from the d-Plucker is a digital RS485 signal (9600,8,N,1) with ASCII encoded Sensor_ID, Sensor_Type, Temp and period.
Readout can be made using YieldPoint’s low cost manual interrogation unit (d-Reader), with a backlit LCD. The Unit displays the Sensor_Type and Sensor_ID and outputs the temperature and VW data directly in oC and µs.
The d-Viewer Module provides USB connectivity so that the d-Plucker can be read with using a LapTop or Tablet (d-Tab) PC. If power is available a low cost NetBook computer can be transformed into a data-logger.
Automated Data Retrieval:
The d-Logger (32Mb of memory) can collect up to 10,000 readings from the d-Plucker over a period up to 1 year. Download to a PC is with a USB download cable (order separately).
Plug-and-Play networks of instruments can be created using YieldPoint’s d-Mesh technology. A low-cost d-Mesh node can connect 4 instruments to a TCP/IP network over Ethernet or WiFi. This solution saves time and money by transmitting data directly to an engineer’s desktop computer.
- Monitoring pillar stress changes using vibrating wire BPCs.
- Monitoring pillar stress changes using vibrating wire stressmeters.
- Monitoring strain in structural elements using welded vibrating wire strain gauges.
- Monitoring the loading of structural elements such as posts and pillars
- Monitoring piezometer arrays.
Measuring stress changes in a Secondary Rock Pillar
Measured stress changes by two orthogonal Borehole Pressure Cells installed in production hole for a secondary stope pillar. BPCs attached to d1Plucker ( red -longitudinal orientation, blue- transverse). Recorded with d-Logger data-logger.