All YieldPoint geotechnical instruments can be read using the same simple unit: d-Reader. d-Reader is powered by a 9V battery (not included) and will work for several years in a usual utilization context. It is the device of choice to verify the functionality of your YieldPoint geotechnical instruments upon delivery, upon arrival at the installation site, right after installation, before and after grouting and even in the middle of a data logging session if you are in need of an instant reading for verification. Even in a sensor network using data loggers, radios and Ethernet, a d-Reader is compulsary for installation and troubleshooting.
YieldPoint d-Reader makes it all easy…
- Programmed to read all YieldPoint instruments regardless of type
- Immediately recognizes YieldPoint sensors ID, type and units
- Displays battery voltage, instrument ID, instrument type, temperature and geotechnical readings
- Simple and robust design, versatile and very low cost
- Durable in harsh environments
- No buttons to press
- Turns on instantly upon simple instrument connection
- No configuration required
- Inexpensive and versatile readout solution
- Compatible with all YieldPoint instruments
- Allows the reading of Extensometers, Tilt Meters, Instrumented Bolts, Cables, Rebars, Ground Movement Monitors, Moisture Sensors…
- Pocket-size: 18 x 11 x 5cm
- 9V Battery powered provides thousands of readings
- Reading rate about 5 per minute
- No manual and no training required
- Essential to check individual instrument functionality
- Used to zero certain d-Cable and d-Rebar instruments
The d-Reader is powered by a 9V battery. It automatically turns on when the user plugs in a geotechnical instrument so that it can never be left on by mistake. The blue LCD screen is backlit for excellent visibility in low light conditions. The d-Reader displays the battery level voltage and indicates when the battery must be changed.
The unit is housed in a vibrant Yellow boot for maximul visibility. The unit is extremely durable with 99%v of the units manufactured still in service.
The dReader is essential during installation of all YieldPoint instruments.