The Internet of Things (IoT) is dramatically changing the business of sensing through a combination of reduced hardware costs, improved telemetry and distributed data management. YieldPoint's digital strategy leverages these opportunities for geotechnical monitoring.
Geotechnical data loggers
YieldPoint’s BluPoint technology integrates Bluetooth 5 into its geotechnical instrumentation and data acquisition. Bluetooth 5 features the same low power features as BLE but with 4 times the range (>50m). YieldPoint’s BluPoint App provides Android Smartphone and Tablet functionality. Advantages of BluPoint are here.
Our various data loggers for geotechnical monitoring bring easy and modular capability and effortless scalability to the largest monitoring program. They accept without any configuration all our instruments for rock movement and ground support behavior monitoring. They represent a major step forward compared to analog data-loggers that are often expensive, require a cable connection for downloads and are more difficult to configure, often involving knowledge of a proprietary script or program.
YieldPoint data logging from digital geotechnical instruments solves specific problems such as:
- Inaccuracies related to changes in geotechnical readings with lead-wire length
- Instability due to water ingress affecting analog signals
- Errors related to temperature changes
- Human errors in the application of calibration coefficients
- Errors related to the mapping of instruments to data logger ports.