d-Cable Geotechnical Instrumented Cable
- Instrumented 7-wire strand cable applicable to plain strand, bulb (Garford) cables
- Applicable to grouted cables and cables spun in resin
- Both Head-at-Collar (HAC) and Head-at-Toe (HAT) configurations possible
- HAT configuration routes leadwire through a continuous steel tube
- Available with mm or tons readout, please specify your preference
- Available with 1 (d1Cable) to 6 (d6Cable) strain gauges
- Microcontroller provides output directly in load (tons) or displacement (mm)
- Individually calibrated, calibrations sheets available
- Immunity to hostile environment
- High survivability to shock and vibration
- Easy to install and maintain
- Digital (d-Tech) instrumented cable with RS485 signal out
- Low cost peripheral devices for data-logging (d-Logger) and data Ethernet (IoT Gateway)
- Competitively priced
The d-Cable is based on miniature inductive strain gauges small enough to be recessed into a surrogate tubular king-wire. The gauges are configured with custom base-lengths between 200mm and 2,000mm. When the ends of the strain-gauge are secured (usually swaged) the instrument will measure how a certain length of the cable bolt is stretching in response to load. The base-length between the ends of the strain-gauges is specified by the customer. During manufacturing the entire strain-gauge array is independently manufactured and calibrated and then recessed into the king-wire and swaged in place.
The technology can be manufactured in HAC or HAT configurations. The HAT configuration is suitable for cables that are installed with a face plate, and the leadwires are returned through a continuous stainless steel tube.
YieldPoint’s low cost geotechnical d-Reader readout unit or the new d-TAB. Both provide the temperature and displacement data directly in oC and mm.
Data from the d-Cable can be collected using YieldPoint’s d-Logger dataloggers (d1Logger and d4Logger). Data can be download by any computer device running Windows including the convenient d-TAB.
Automated data retrieval:
Clusters of instruments (4 per Logger) that are monitored using YieldPoint’s d4Logger can be wirelessly networked using:
- d-Mesh: a 900MHz wireless mesh solution
- IoT GateWay if Ethernet is available